Final Fantasy 7 Remake will get a definitive edition for PS4, Xbox One, and PC according to a new rumor. This will come with extra story content.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake is currently available exclusively for the PS4. It is confirmed to be a timed exclusive to the console and this exclusivity will expire one year from the release of the game, which is April 10.
According to a rumor that was shared on 4chan, the game will get a definitive version that will also release for PC and Xbox Series S|X.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Definitive Edition is the next-generation version of the game.
- Offers higher resolution, frame rate, and better quality models.
- Features DLC similar to the character episodes of Final Fantasy XV focusing on the side characters like Barret, Tifa, and Aerith.
- This DLC will be available as a separate download on PS4.
- New additions to the game like costumes, side missions, and a wave-based survival mode.
- Definitive Edition will release on PC in addition to the PS5, however, it can come to Xbox Series S|X too.
- Upgrade path is given to users of the original game.
Take all of this with a grain of salt since this rumor originates from 4chan. While Square Enix could release an upgrade for the PS5 that improves the visual and frame rate, a completely different edition feels like a stretch so far.